- This event has passed.
BAHT Level II: PIPJ
6 December, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 8 December, 2018 @ 5:30 pm GMT| £520 – £550
Proximal interphalangeal joint (PIPJ)
This course teaches the detailled anatomy of the PIPJ and its’ interaction with the joints distal and proximal to it. The biomechanics are explained and common conditions are covered. There is a strong emphasis on clinical reasoning for treatment of the problem PIPJ including management of stiffness, alternative splinting strategies and the merits of surgery. By the end of the three days, therapists should feel confident in their diagnostic skills, knowledge and practical application of therapy. As with all NES Level II courses, all teaching is evidence based.
Aims and Objectives
- Demonstrate the range of methods of assessing the PIPJ
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theory and practical aspects of potential treatments for specific problems related to PIPJ injuries / acquired conditions
- Demonstrate an evidence based understanding of the impact on the PIPJ of common hand conditions / injuries
- Demonstrate an understanding of the development / mechanics of instabilities and deformities around the PIPJ
- To successfully complete the exam and written assignment
To download the documents for this course, create yourself as a user on the site and they will become visible to you. The programme is available on this website by going to “Resources” and then “Downloads”. Application will be direct to Gemma Willis and her team. Any queries, please contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02392 286130.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS COURSE IS NOW FULL WITH A WAITING LIST. CONTACT GEMMA BEFORE SENDING APPLICATION OR FEE. PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT THE LEVEL II COURSE ON THE PIPJ RUNNING IN DUBLIN IN FEBRUARY 2019 IS FOR INTERNAL IRISH THERAPISTS ONLY.